Kaizen...

GroveCanada
Administrator
Kaizen means Kai-change Zen-good , so changegood , meaning making small continual improvements ...The word came up in a Richard Florida lecture , the bloke who is telling his thesis that creatives form the basis for the infrastructure that will cause economic growth to a specific geographic area...
  So , drop a bunch of starving artists onto a hill, & soon it will become a bustling culture filled with art & joy... Later the wealthy collectors show up & fund developments & businesses & restaurants & concert halls, all to create place to enjoy the art culture...
   Imagine a paradigm where mall owners give free studios to artists, knowing the draw of crowd & interest artists bring...Rather than spending bucks on architectural renovations first , landlords will encourage creative bohemians to hang out & create & innovate, welcoming these folks with the comfort of understanding an investment in innovators is worth more than an investment in more bricks...
  Kaizen, small improvements, continually, relies on people ...You can use kaizen in your own business today ... How ? Daily , ask your employees & yourself, how can I make this better in a small way ? or that ? or this ? & that over there ? Kaizen can also apply to continual self- improvement... How can I improve a small detail in myself ? & another ? just a small one... continually...
  Richard Florida lectures are easily found on Youtube... His books by a Google search...In your geographic location , ask yourself, how can I bring creative people to my area ? The synergy innovators create can be wonderful... the more the better...(& don't think about money...the theory is the people first...later others will arrive...but it is NOT about exploiting the creatives for money... It is about exploiting the creatives for creativity... that they don't mind...Just don't juice them for rent... very tacky!

Re: Kaizen...

GroveCanada
Administrator
So, the trick is to make creatives out of the workers you have...By encouraging creativity in the workplace, you don't have to import creatives to stimulate economic infrastructure...Creativity, innovation, improvement, & greater job satisfaction increases loyalty , longevity with the company & greater perception of self-efficacy ...